The Millar Law Firm is a leading law firm located near Ellenwood, Georgia. We are located in Clayton County, GA and have been representing Ellenwood residents who have been injured in car accidents since 1993. Our law firm has firm has a reputation for excellence and is consistently ranked among the top law firms in Georgia.
The Millar Law Firm offers a free telephone, video or in-person consultation to all potential clients. During our consultation, we will discuss the facts of your case and explain your legal options. If you decide to hire the firm, our lawyers and staff work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact the Millar Law Firm today to learn more about how the firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Get Immediate Help and Legal Advice from Experienced Ellenwood Car Accident Lawyers
When you have been injured in a car accident and are facing mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other financial burdens, you need experienced legal help.
The attorneys at The Millar Law Firm have been helping car accident victims in Ellenwood for nearly 30 years. We know the law and we know how to get results.
Our consultations are free and there is no obligation to hire us. We will answer your questions and help you understand your legal options.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you. We are here to help you get back on your feet after a car accident.
Car accident claims and lawsuits our Ellenwood Lawyers accept:
We handle all types of car accident cases, including:
- Distracted driving accidents: These accidents are caused by drivers who are not paying attention to the road, such as when they are talking on the phone, texting, or eating.
- Drunk driving accidents: These accidents are caused by drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Head-on collisions: These accidents occur when two vehicles collide head-on.
- Rear-end collisions: These accidents occur when one vehicle rear-ends another vehicle.
- Failure to maintain lane accidents: These accidents occur when a driver fails to stay in their lane and collides with another vehicle.
- Following too closely accidents: These accidents occur when a driver follows another vehicle too closely and collides with it when the driver in front of them stops suddenly.
- Commercial truck and tractor-trailer accidents: These accidents can be very serious, as commercial trucks and tractor-trailers are much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles.
- Wrongful death cases: These cases are filed when a person is killed in a car accident.
- Hit-and-run accidents: These accidents occur when a driver hits another vehicle or pedestrian and then flees the scene.
- Reckless driving and road rage accidents: These accidents are caused by drivers who are driving recklessly or who are angry and aggressive.
- Spinal injury and paralysis claims: These claims are filed by people who have been injured in a car accident and have suffered a spinal cord injury or paralysis.
- Back and neck injuries: These injuries are common in car accidents and can be very painful and debilitating.
- Motorcycle collisions with injuries: Motorcycle accidents can be very serious, as motorcycles offer little protection to the rider.
- Speeding, chain-reaction, and too fast for conditions accidents: These accidents are caused by drivers who are speeding, driving too fast for the conditions, or who are involved in a chain-reaction accident.
- Accidents caused by unknown or “John Doe” drivers: These accidents occur when the driver who caused the accident is not known.
- Interstate highway crashes: These accidents can be very serious, as interstate highways are often busy and high-speed.
- Intersection, T-bone, and failure to yield collisions: These accidents occur when drivers fail to yield the right-of-way at an intersection or when they T-bone another vehicle.
- Off-road and ATV accidents: These accidents can be very serious, as off-road vehicles and ATVs are not as safe as cars and trucks.
- Traumatic brain injuries: These injuries can be very serious and can lead to lifelong disabilities.
- Catastrophic paralysis and loss of limbs: These injuries are the most serious type of injury that can occur in a car accident.
Here are some steps you can take to protect yourself and your rights after an accident in or near Ellenwood, GA:
- Check for injuries. If you or anyone else is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Stay at the scene of the accident. Do not leave until the police have arrived and taken a report.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). This includes your name, address, phone number, insurance information, and driver’s license number.
- Take photos of the accident scene. This includes the damage to the vehicles, the road conditions, and any other relevant details.
- Get medical attention. Even if you don’t feel injured, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. They will be able to help you file a claim and get your car repaired.
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind after a car accident:
- Be polite and cooperative. Even if you’re upset, it’s important to be polite and cooperative with the other driver and the police.
- Don’t sign anything. Don’t sign any documents related to the accident until you have spoken to an attorney.
- Do not post on the internet or social media. Reassuring statements to family and friends that you are “fine” if you are really hurt could be used against you later in your accident case.
Seek Medical Attention After a Car Crash, if You Are Injured
After a car crash, it’s important to seek medical attention, even if you do not know the full extent of your injuries. This is because some injuries, such as internal bleeding or head trauma, or herniated disks, may not be immediately apparent. By seeking medical attention right away, you can ensure that any injuries are properly diagnosed and treated.
Medical records can also be important in the event of a legal claim. If you’re involved in a car accident, the other driver’s insurance company may try to deny your claim or offer you a low settlement. Having medical records that document your injuries can help you to get the compensation you deserve.
The Millar Law Firm will obtain your medical records and make sure that they are preserved for your case.
Yes, You Can Receive Medical Care in the Ellenwood Area Without Health Insurance
If you are injured in a car accident and do not have health insurance, you can still receive medical care in the Ellenwood, Georgia and South Atlanta area. There are a number of hospitals, doctors’ offices, and clinics that will treat uninsured patients on a lien or deferred payment basis.
Here are some of the options available to you:
- Emergency rooms: Emergency rooms are required by law to treat all patients, regardless of their ability to pay. While you may be responsible for all or a portion of the bill, an experienced personal injury law firm, like ours, may be able to arrange for the bill to be paid only after your case has settled.
- Lien Treatment: It is often possible to receive treatment for your car accident injuries with a doctor or clinic willing to accept a lien that is to be paid once you receive compensation from the at-fault driver.
It is important to seek medical care after a car accident, even if you do not have health insurance. Injuries that may not seem serious at first can sometimes lead to serious complications if they are not treated. Additionally, if you are injured and have not had medical care, or your care was delayed, it can be a serious struggle to make the at-fault driver’s insurance company pay what your claim is worth.
Here are some tips for dealing with insurance companies and adjusters after a car accident:
- Report the accident to your insurance company. They will be able to help you file a claim and get your car repaired.
- Do not speak to the other driver’s insurance company without an attorney. The adjusters for the other driver’s insurance company will be looking for any way to minimize their client’s liability. They may try to get you to admit fault, or they may try to get you to sign a release for partial payment that waives your right to sue.
- Get an attorney. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and they can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
How to Deal with Automobile Insurance Companies and Adjusters After a Car Accident
After a car accident, it’s important to know how to deal with insurance companies and adjusters. These professionals are there to protect the interests of their clients, which may not be in your best interest.
By following these tips, you can protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve after a car accident.
Here are some additional tips:
- Be polite and cooperative, but don’t say anything that could be used against you.
- Keep a record of all communications with the insurance company, including phone calls, emails, and letters.
- Keep track of all of your expenses, including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
Here are some additional reasons why you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer before making any recorded statement:
- Insurance adjusters are trained to ask questions that can get you to say things that could hurt your case.
- Even if you don’t mean to, you could say something that could be used against you.
- It’s important to have an experienced lawyer who can protect your rights and make sure you don’t say anything that could hurt your case.
When you work with The Millar Law Firm, we will handle the at-fault driver’s insurance company’s adjusters for you.
Get Expert Guidance from the Ellenwood Attorneys at The Millar Law Firm
Our attorneys are experts in car accident law and have a deep understanding of the local court system. The Millar Law Firm has been helping car accident victims in Ellenwood and the South Atlanta area for nearly 30 years.
We know how to get the evidence you need to prove your case and how to negotiate with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
Here are some of the benefits of working with The Millar Law Firm:
- Experience: Our law firm has nearly 30 years of experience helping car accident victims.
- Knowledge: We know how to get the evidence you need to prove your case and how to negotiate with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Competence: We are committed to providing our clients with the highest quality legal representation.
- Compassion: We understand that being injured in a car accident can be a very stressful and overwhelming experience. We are here to help you through this difficult time.
How much does it cost to hire The Millar Law Firm? No Fee Unless We Win
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be wondering how much it will cost to hire an attorney. At The Millar Law Firm, we offer a free consultation and we only charge if we win your case.
Our fees are typically 33% of the total recovery if your case settles without a lawsuit, or 40% if a lawsuit is necessary. These fees are in line with the standard fees charged by personal injury law firms in the South Atlanta area.
Beware of “discount” law firms or lawyers advertising that they will handle your case for significantly less than the market-rate of 33.33%. You must ask yourself why that lawyer or firm is undercutting the market. Do they have the experience and track record of success you need? If the fee is low, will your case be settled for less money?
When hiring an attorney, it is important to choose a firm with vast experience handling car accident cases. The attorneys at The Millar Law Firm have over 30 years of experience helping car accident victims get the compensation they deserve.
By following these tips, you can choose the right qualified attorney for your car accident injury claim.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when choosing a personal injury attorney:
- Make sure the attorney is licensed to practice law in Georgia.
- Ask about the attorney’s experience handling car accident cases.
- Get references from previous clients or read reviews.
How to Get a Police Report in Clayton County, Georgia
If you were involved in a car accident in Clayton County, Georgia, you may need to get a copy of the police report. The police report will document the details of the accident, including the date, time, location, and cause of the accident. It may also include information about the drivers involved, the vehicles involved, and any injuries that occurred.
To get a copy of a police report in the Ellenwood area or in Clayton County, Georgia, you can do the following:
- Go to the Clayton County Police Department Records Customer Service Area. The Records Customer Service Area is located at the main precinct, which is at 7911 N. McDonough Street, Jonesboro, Georgia 30236. The Records Customer Service Area is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Pay a fee of $5.00 for a copy of the report.
- Provide the following information to the Records Customer Service Representative:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- The date of the accident
- The location of the accident
If you are unable to go to the Records Customer Service Area in person, you can request a copy of the police report online at: https://buycrash.lexisnexisrisk.com
Contact us Today for Your Free Consultation
The Millar Law Firm offers a free consultation so you can discuss your case with us and learn more about your legal options. Discover your legal rights and options and hire us to fight for the compensation you deserve. Our phones are answered 24/7 at 7700-400-0000 (770 – 4 – Million).