Lawyers getting top results and top ratings across Georgia for over 28 years

Quote: Why drive to Downtown Atlanta or hire a Television lawyer who does not know or understand Clayton County

Top Rated Personal Injury Lawyers in Jonesboro, Clayton County, GA. The Millar Law Firm may be a great fit for you. The law office is located at 151 N. Main Street in Jonesboro, Georgia 30236. Why drive to Downtown Atlanta or hire a Television lawyer who does not know or understand Clayton County?

We also have an office located at 2221 Peachtree Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30309 for convenient lawyer meetings in Atlanta / Buckhead near your place of work or home.

No Fee Unless You Win. Our firm handles car accident cases on a contingency fee, meaning we do not require up-front payment and you only pay us an attorneys fee if we recover money in your case.

Questions Our Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyers Can Answer For You:

We understand that after a car accident you have many concerns. Here are a few of our most common asked and answered questions:

What Can Our Accident and Injury Case Lawyers Do For you?

Protect Your Financial Future. First and foremost, we can give you peace of mind. Chances are, no matter what you come up against, we have seen it before and can give you immediate expert advice to protect you and your family while we prove your injury case.

Our most important jobs include advising you how to deal with the aftermath of an injury and how to get your claim and medical care started so that your case can be a success and recover the damages and compensation you need. Dealing with the at-fault driver’s insurance company can be intimidating and saying the wrong thing or signing releases or other papers without top-notch legal advice could seriously hurt your case.
We Deal With The Insurance Companies’ Adjuster For You.

The insurance company for a driver who caused a large accident or injury wants to pay as little as possible to settle your claim. The adjuster may be friendly and ask you to give a written or recorded statement. Here is where you must use caution, because the job of the adjuster is to find ways to reduce or defeat your claim. Guidance from an experienced Jonesboro Car Accident lawyer can make the difference between winning and losing your case.

How much is my injury case worth?

Your case is different. You may have heard a rule-of-thumb that car accident injury claims are worth “three times” the medical bills, or something similar. In fact, how much your claim is worth probably depends more on the severity of your injury and the amount of insurance than anything else.

Our attorneys will speak with you on the phone at no-charge about the potential value of your injury case. We may not be able to give you an exact amount during the initial consultation, we may be able to provide a range and some idea of what you can and should expect. Of course, the value of your case could change, depending on what else we discover while investigating or if the full extent of your injuries as explained to us is not yet known.

We have also written a handy guide to the value of car accident settlements in the State of Georgia.

How long does it take to get paid after an injury?

How long it may take to settle your accident case in the South Atlanta or Clayton County area most often depends upon the type and extent of your injury and how long it takes for you to recover. Settlements are binding agreements that commonly happen after you finish medical care and our Jonesboro car accident lawyers send a demand to the insurance company that includes the amounts of your medical bills and lost pay and reports from your doctors. The compensation we seek for you also includes additional items, such as your past and future pain and suffering.

You can learn more about how long it takes to get a Georgia car accident case settled in our legal guides section.

Can I receive medical care in the Atlanta area without health insurance?

If you do not have health insurance, the emergency room must still provide medical treatment to you. You may request to be billed, and often the bill may be paid later when your case settles. Some medical doctors and clinics will also provide medical care to be paid for when your case resolves.

Failing to get medical care because you think you cannot afford it can seriously harm your case and cost you money. If you do not have medical insurance and do not know what to do after a car accident, consult an attorney. Chances are excellent that an experienced personal injury attorney can provide help and guidance. Learn more about car accidents and health insurance in our guides to Georgia law.

Can you recover money for lost pay after a car accident?

Yes. If you can prove that you missed work due to injuries, you are allowed to recover your lost income from the at-fault driver and their insurance company. You will need documentation of lost pay, and most likely a doctor’s report or work-excuse. Future lost pay may also be recovered, if you can prove it is more likely than not that you will work less in the future.

Car Accident Cases in The Clayton County, Jonesboro and South Atlanta Area

The increase in injury accidents in Clayton County, from around one-hundred in 2013 to one-hundred-ninety-eight in 2017

Motor Vehicle Accidents In and Around Jonesboro and South Atlanta. Clayton County, Georgia is known for heavy traffic. With busy major roads like Tara Blvd., Highways 138 and 54, Riverdale Road, and four major Interstate highways, The Millar Law Firm has vast experience in handling local road-wreck cases.

If you have had a collision anywhere in South Atlanta, there is a good chance we have handled a case like yours in that same location.

Quote: Clayton County, Georgia is known for heavy traffic, The Millar Law Firm has vast experience in handling local road-wreck cases

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport Car Accident Cases. We handle Atlanta airport car, truck, ride-share and bus accident cases. Clayton County, known to some as South Atlanta, is home to the Atlanta Hartsfield Domestic and International Airport. Many motor-vehicle accidents happen at the airport as people are in a hurry coming and going, and are often distracted. Car accidents in and near the airport often involve small buses, limos, shuttle buses and Uber and Lyft drivers.

The number of fatal traffic accidents per year in Clayton County, from twenty-one in 2014 to a high of forty-eight in 2016 and forty-five in 2018

Because we’ve been located near the airport since 1993, our law firm has handled a large number of airport-related crashes on airport property and on the access-roads, parking areas, streets and highways near the Airport in Atlanta, College Park, and Clayton County.

Why Clayton County is a good place for your legal claim. Whether you live in Georgia or a visitor from out of state, or even outside of the United States, if your accident happened here and the at-fault driver lives in the County, Georgia law may allow you to have your case handled here, locally. Jonesboro, Georgia is an excellent venue for car accident claims, as our Clayton County Jurors have a reputation for being fair in the verdicts awarded in personal injury cases.

Atlanta Motor Speedway cases. The famous Atlanta Motor Speedway or AMS, home to Nascar races, is located near Jonesboro and Clayton County, in the City of Hampton, Georgia. The track is located on Highway 19-41 near our Jonesboro offices in South Atlanta, just a few miles away. Each year, races at the Track attract fans from all over bringing heavy traffic and car accidents with out of state drivers

The number of fatal speeding accidents in Clayton County, for the years 2014 through 2018

We have helped many local residents and visitors from outside of Georgia with car and other accidents that have happened to them while traveling to or from the races. If you are a local resident of the Atlanta area or even if you live far from AMS or reside out-of-State the best place to have your injury case handled is likely to be in Jonesboro, South Atlanta.

Quote: If possible, and safe to do so, you or a passenger can collect helpful information at the accident scene, including the other drivers name, address, phone number, license plate number, insurance company name and policy number

Accidents in Cities and Counties near our South Atlanta Office. The area near our Jonesboro office includes the Cities of Forest Park, College Park, Morrow, Lake Spivey, Lovejoy, Riverdale, and Lake City in Clayton County. Of course, with a population of over 250,000 these are not the only cities in the area. Henry County is just a few miles away from our office and has its main cities of Stockbridge, McDonough, Hampton and Locust Grove. Rockdale County, Fulton County, and Fayette County are all located near our Southside Law Office as well.

If you are injured in a car or other vehicle accident in the South Atlanta area, in the event legal action is required, most likely your case will have to be brought in the County where the at-fault, or Defendant,. driver or operator lives. This most likely means in the South Atlanta Metro-Area, near our law offices.

Quote: You or a loved one may have been injured on one of many major interstates, or local state highways, or local roads here in Clayton County

Interstate and State Highway Accident and Injury Experts. You or a loved one may have been injured on an Interstate Highway I-75, I-85, I-675 or I-285 in Clayton County, or on one of our local State Highways such as Ga. 19/41, also known in Jonesboro and in the County as Tara Boulevard, or Hwy 54 or 85 or on a county or city road. Over the past 25-plus years our Southside Atlanta attorneys in the Jonesboro office have handled hundreds of auto, truck and motorcycle accident cases on our local streets and highways.

Car Accident Experts, Working For You. Our Jonesboro car accident lawyers are extremely familiar with how and why accidents happen across the South Atlanta area, how best to get records and evidence from local law enforcement, and with the local court system.

Our knowledge of the area and the local courts can give you a serious edge in your case.

Not Sure If You Need A Lawyer?

Even if you are not sure if you need a lawyer, if you call or contact our firm we will offer help and assistance at no charge. If we then decide to work together, our law firm can usually open your file and begin to investigate within the first few hours.

Car and Truck Accident Cases and Claims Our Jonesboro Lawyers Handle

The Millar Law Firm investigates all types of car accident injury cases. Just a few examples include:

These are just a few examples of the accident and wreck cases our Jonesboro car accident lawyers handle.

Common Questions About Car Accidents

I was just involved in a motor vehicle collision. What now?

If you’ve been involved in a motor vehicle collision, you’re probably wondering what to do next. First, contact 911 and report the collision immediately.

Then, if you can do so safely, retrieve all the information you can about the at-fault driver: vehicle color, make and model; license plate number; the driver’s automobile insurance policy information. Thirdly, use your cell phone to take as many pictures of all vehicles, including their respective damage, and the scene. Finally, get the contact information of all witnesses at the scene. If you can’t do these things because of the severity of the collision, don’t panic. It is the police officer’s duty to obtain this information.

After you’ve been involved in a car accident, you may not immediately feel pain. However, if you have been hurt, you should seek medical care immediately. If you cannot seek medical care in the hours following the collision, you should at least be seen at the ER or your primary doctor in no more than a few days. Taking each of these steps will help ensure your case is off to the best possible start.

If you have any questions, call the Jonesboro car accident lawyers of The Millar Law Firm at 770-400-0000 (770-“4 Million”).

Finally, we recommend that you do not post about your case or your injuries to your social media, or post statements that you are “fine” if you are really hurt. Keep in mind that anything you post to the internet can be used against you later.

Which Information/evidence should I be gathering at the scene?

If possible, you or a passenger can collect helpful information right at the accident scene. Ideally, and if you can do so safely, collect the other driver’s name, address and phone number as well as the driver’s license plate number, insurance company name and policy number. We also recommend obtaining the contact information and addresses and full names of any witnesses who saw the crash or stopped to help.

Take pictures. Preserve crucial evidence with your cell phone’s camera or video features to capture the damage to all cars. You should also take photos/videos of the roadway or intersection, the accident scene, debris on the road, skid marks, and injuries.

How do I get a police report in Jonesboro GA or another city in Clayton County?

If a Clayton County Police Officer responded to your South Atlanta automobile wreck, you can get a copy of your accident or incident report at the Clayton County, Georgia Police Department Records customer service area located in the main precinct at 7911 N. McDonough Street, Jonesboro, Georgia 30236. There is a small fee to receive a copy of your report. The police department’s telephone number is: 770-477-3913.

Records from the Jonesboro, Georgia Police Department for your car accident can be picked up from Police Headquarters at 170 South Main Street, Jonesboro, Georgia 30236. The non-emergency telephone number for the Jonesboro police is (770)478-7407.

After my accident, the value of my vehicle dropped. Do I have a claim?

You may have a claim. Under Georgia law, one who holds the title to a vehicle may be able to pursue a “diminished value claim” for the reduced value of a vehicle following a motor vehicle accident. Calculating the diminished value of your car should be simple and straightforward. For instance, if your car was worth $10,000 before a crash, and now worth only $7,500, you may be entitled to the difference: $2,500. However, insurance companies may try to complicate the matter by arguing that mileage, condition of the car and/or other factors are driving the value of your vehicle down. While an attorney may not be necessary for every diminished value claim, an attorney can help you negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement or, if necessary, represent you in court.

In some cases, an insurance company may act unreasonably by refusing to pay your property damage claim. It may be necessary for your attorney to file a bad faith insurance claim on your behalf.
Head over to our Insurance Settlements page to learn more about how the experienced car accident attorneys at The Millar Law Firm can protect your rights while negotiating with the insurance company.

What can I recover after an auto accident?

When another driver is proven to be at fault for the accident, Georgia law allows you to recover or be awarded damages. These fall into three broad categories known as (1) Special, (2) general and (3) punitive damages.

Special damages are intended to cover your financial (also known as “economic” harms and losses), which may cover past, present and – in some cases – future medical costs and bills, final expenses (as in a wrongful death case) and lost wages from the past or into the future.

General damages are usually what most people think of as pain and suffering, emotional distress, permanent injury and/or disability, disfigurement, the loss of your quality of life, and can also include a loss of consortium, which means the harm to your relationship with your spouse. O.C.G.A. 51-12-4.

Punitive damages are those damages sought and/or recovered when there is evidence of willful, callous, wanton or reckless conduct. These damages are given to punish or deter a defendant and others from doing the same thing again in the future. O.C.G.A. 51-12-5.1.

To learn more about what can be recovered, please see our Atlanta location page on Car Accidents.

My driver caused the accident and I am an injured passenger. Do I have a case?

Yes. Under Georgia law, if your injuries were caused by the negligence of someone else – the driver of another car or even the driver of the car you were in – you may still have the ability to be compensated for your injuries and losses.

If the driver of the car you were in caused the crash, you should not hesitate to seek compensation for your injuries and other losses- even if that driver is a friend. Generally, speaking you do not have to seek to recover from that driver’s personal assets, but rather you can elect to go through his or her insurance policy. The driver has been paying insurance premiums for this exact reason.

Does my car accident case require expert testimony about the force of impact?

Experts who can testify about the force of impact on the human body are known as bio-mechanical engineers. A bio-mechanical engineer may also need to be assisted by an accident reconstruction expert. These types of experts can be very expensive. The investigation and testimony alone can run tens of thousands of dollars.

Not every auto accident case warrants such a hefty case expense. An experienced attorney should be able to determine whether your case requires such testimony. Contact one of our experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys today at 770-400-0000 (770-“4 Million”).

The at-fault driver was distracted while driving. Are they responsible for my damages?

Yes. A driver that causes a collision because he or she is distracted is responsible for any injuries to you. Some examples of negligent and/or distracted driving are putting on makeup, talking on the phone, or fumbling with a radio. In fact, some conduct may be considered not only negligent but reckless such as using a mobile phone, driving while texting, and drowsy or drunk driving. If you were hurt in a car wreck caused by a distracted driver, contact our firm today. Our car wreck attorneys work closely with investigators and experts such as accident reconstruction specialists, medical doctors and mechanical professionals to prove each form of distracted driving in your injury case.

If I was partly to blame for causing an accident, do I still have a case?

Maybe. If the accident in which you were injured was less than one half your fault, under Georgia’s rules of contributory and modified comparative negligence, you may still have a case.

I was not injured in the car wreck, but my vehicle was damaged. What should I do?

When your car is damaged and you want to have your car repaired or totaled due to the negligence of another driver, you must report the accident to the police and your insurance company, even if you are not hurt. Your failure to report such an accident to your insurer may result in the loss of insurance coverage.

The at-fault driver’s insurance policy should cover the damage to your vehicle, but if that driver is not insured, you may be entitled to repairs, diminished value or total loss coverage under your own policy. Review your insurance policy to see if you have collision coverage.

My car was totaled, but no one was injured. What should I do?

If your car was significantly damaged or totaled in a car accident, you should immediately contact the insurance carrier of the at-fault driver. You should also notify your insurance company out of an abundance of caution.

The process for repairing or totaling out your vehicle can be lengthy, particularly if you choose to go through the at-fault driver’s insurance company. The insurer will likely want to examine police reports and interview witnesses before it accepts liability. During this time however, the at-fault party’s insurance company should provide you with a rental car or reimburse you for a rental car while they determine if your vehicle is repairable or deemed a total loss.

Alternatively, if you have rental-car insurance coverage on your own policy, this may prove to be quicker and your insurance carrier will often subrogate against the at-fault party’s insurance company thereafter. However, you may need to pay a deductible for the repair or replacement of your car.

Unfortunately, if you do not have rental coverage under your own policy, you could face some out of pocket expenses and may be limited to a certain number of days for the rental car.

To learn more about property damage issues, please see The Millar Law Firm’s free Georgia Property Damage Guide.

If I was negligent and contributed to the crash, can I recover?

That depends. Under Georgia law, if a motor vehicle accident victim’s own negligence contributed to the collision and he or she was injured as a result, the recovery amount could potentially be reduced.

The State of Georgia uses a modified form of comparative fault. O.C.G.A. 51-12-33. Under this law, if an automobile accident victim was responsible to some degree for his or her injury, a trier of fact will determine the percentage of the person’s fault and reduce their recovery proportionally. However, if it is determined that a person’s fault exceeds that of the other driver, or the person could have avoided the consequences caused by the other driver’s negligence, recovery may be barred.

Unfortunately, insurance companies often try to shift blame for an accident. Your need to be protected in this situation is one of the many reasons why an attorney can be helpful to your case.

Why did my lawyer sue the at-fault driver and not his/her insurance company?

In most car accident injury lawsuits, the injured party is required to file suit against the person (or company) who directly caused their injuries, instead of the insurance company. However, because insurance is required on all cars in Georgia, an insurance company usually defends the person being sued and pays the Jury’s verdict up to the amount of insurance coverage.

In Georgia, will my insurance premiums increase after a collision?

Your insurance premiums or payments should not increase if the crash was not your fault. Georgia law prohibits insurance companies from raising your rates if you did not cause the accident. Here is why: under Georgia law O.C.G.A. 33-9-40 Georgia insurance companies are not allowed to raise your rates after a wreck you did not cause.

If I don’t feel hurt Immediately after a crash, should I still seek medical care?

Yes. If you are in any pain, even if you have not been seriously injured, you should probably still go to the emergency room. Even if you don’t have visibly serious injuries, you may have internal organ, head, brain or soft tissue injuries that are not immediately apparent. These injuries should be checked for, examined and treated. You should also receive follow-up medical treatment within a few days after the accident.

Medical records document your injuries and complaints and play a crucial role in your case. Particularly, they will help to establish the injuries you have suffered and the extent of your losses.

To preserve the integrity of your case, The Millar Law Firm will obtain your initial medical records as soon as you hire us. We will also pay upfront for all costs of obtaining these records. Please see our page on to learn more about this subject.

The at-fault driver is uninsured. What should I do?

This is a complicated situation – and one that, unfortunately, is common in Georgia. You can generally seek damages for any medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and punitive damages through the at-fault driver’s liability coverage. However, if the at-fault driver is uninsured, you may be entitled to recover through your own uninsured motorist policy.

The driver who caused the accident was killed, do I still have a case?

Most likely you do still have a case. Our Atlanta and Jonesboro car accident lawyers can answer this question more fully, but in most crashes where the careless or negligent driver was killed, you may still bring a claim against the driver through his or her insurance company or Estate.

How do I get my car repaired after a Jonesboro or South Atlanta Car accident?

If your car was damaged in the wreck, contact your own insurance company and the insurance carrier of the at-fault driver. An adjuster will be sent to examine the car. If the accident was not your fault and is not in-dispute, it is most common for the at-fault insurer to pay for the damage or repair the vehicle. If there is an ongoing battle over who should pay or a problem with coverage, you may have the option of going through your own insurance company.

Read our Georgia legal information section to learn more about how to handle Georgia car and truck property damage claims.

The average amount of serious injury crashes in Clayton County, out of thirteen-thousand-three-hundred-thirty-eight crashes in 2017, one-hundred-ninety-eight of them resulted in serious injury

Under-insured or un-insured motorist insurance

(UM or UIM) is coverage that allows you to recover the injuries and loss you sustained in the event the at-fault driver has no liability coverage or has coverage in an amount less than your UIM limit and the value of your injury claim exceeds the at-fault driver’s liability limits. O.C.G.A. 33-7-11.

Graphic of a multi-car accident: when three or more cars are involved in rear-end collisions with the same cause

Although your insurance company may have been friendly with you when it accepted your premiums, it may not be so friendly when you seek to collect your benefits under such UM/UIM coverage. This is why you will want to work with a lawyer experienced in handling insurance claims. Please see our page on Insurance Settlements to learn more about how The Millar Law Firm can assist you by dealing directly with insurance companies on your behalf.

Dealing With The Automobile Insurance Companies or Adjusters

After any car, truck or motorcycle accident you should notify your own insurance company as soon as possible. Be careful about speaking with the insurance adjuster or company representatives of other drivers involved in the collision, however. You may want to consider speaking with an experienced personal injury injury or Jonesboro car accident lawyer first, because the claims adjuster working for the at-fault driver may sound friendly, but his or her job is to find any possible way to pay as little as he or she can or even to find ways to blame you for causing the car wreck. Chances are that an adjuster for the negligent driver will want to take a recorded statement to “document the file.” We recommend you speak with an injury attorney first, because the statement can be used against you. Mistakes made in describing the collision or even innocent statement you might make such as “it was an accident, I don’t blame anyone” can be used to reduce the amount the insurance company will have to pay or to deny your claim.

Free Consultations from Jonesboro, GA Car Accident Lawyers

Call, email, or use our contact form and speak with our Jonesboro car accident lawyers today. No question is too simple or too small. We are here to help you. Let’s get started on your injury case today, before its too late. Call The Millar Law Firm at 770-400-0000 (770-“4 Million”).

A Helpful Car Accident Checklist

Checklist infographic for after a Car Accident, what to do for yourself, for authorities, for your car and if you have a claim