Atlanta Wrongful Death Lawyers
Wrongful death cases in Atlanta, GA can be complex, as the claim is intended to recover the loss of future earnings, pain and suffering, and other factors relating to the unjust loss of life. Wrongful death cases in Georgia are very different from other personal injury cases. In most personal injury cases, the victim of a wrongful or negligent act brings a claim against the negligent party. In wrongful death cases, however, the victim has passed away and it is up to his or her family or estate to bring a claim for wrongful death.
Please see our case results page for some examples of our work.
- Atlanta Motorists killed by negligent tractor-trailer drivers.
- Automobile passengers killed by negligent drivers in Atlanta.
- Atlanta Drivers killed by careless, inattentive, reckless and drunk drivers.
- Pedestrians struck by negligent drivers in Atlanta.
- Customers assaulted and killed due to business-owner’s failure to provide adequate security.
- Construction and work-site accidents in Atlanta.
- Police brutality – including wrongful shootings, beatings, and police pursuits.
Atlanta Wrongful Death Laws
We have devoted a page to information about wrongful death laws in Georgia. Click here.
Our Experience with Unlawful Death in Atlanta
Wrongful death cases in Atlanta, GA can be complex, as the claim is intended to recover the loss of future earnings, pain and suffering, and other factors relating to the unjust loss of life.
Raising an estate, appointing a personal representative, protecting the rights of minors, and employing the right experts are complex matters that should be addressed as soon as possible. We are experienced in handling wrongful death cases and can help you and your family through this difficult time.
Insurance Companies Take Wrongful Death Cases Seriously
It is essential to act swiftly after you have suffered a loss. Insurance companies take wrongful death cases seriously and will begin their investigation immediately. The insurance company represents the negligent party who caused wrongful death and will not necessarily preserve the evidence for you. Proper investigation can involve scientific and engineering challenges, incident reconstruction, medical analysis, and, above-all, thorough basic investigation. It is important that you obtain competent counsel as soon as possible to protect your rights and permit a prompt investigation.
Wrongful Death FAQs – Click Here
In Georgia, wrongful death cases are controlled by specific Georgia laws that determine how a wrongful death case is pursued. Click here for more information on Georgia wrongful death claims and laws, many of which are relevant to your wrongful death case, including wrongful death litigation and wrongful death settlements. If you have questions about your wrongful death case, click here for answers to frequently asked questions.
Free Consultations. Contingent Fees.
Please feel free to call or email us with your questions and concerns. Millar & Mixon, LLC does not charge for meeting with you in our several convenient Atlanta, GA locations and for evaluating your case. If we accept your case, most likely we will represent you on a contingent fee, meaning that there is no attorney fee unless we recover money for you.
Questions Answered on this Page
- Who represents the negligent party in a wrongful death case?
- Will the negligent party preserve evidence in a wrongful death case?
- What type of experience does Millar & Mixon, LLC offer with wrongful death cases?
- What is considered a wrongful death case?