Your DUI Accident Claim Deserves an Expert
If you have been injured in a DUI accident in the Greater Atlanta Area, you need an experienced and aggressive lawyer to fight for your rights. The Millar Law Firm has been representing victims of DUI accidents in Georgia for over 30 years, and we have a proven track record of success.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should choose the Millar Law Firm for your DUI accident injury case:
- 30 Years of Experience: We have over 30 years of experience handling DUI accident cases, and we have a deep understanding of the law and the legal process as it works in Georgia.
- Wide Range of Settlements: We have negotiated a wide range of settlements for our clients, including multi-million dollar settlements.
- Negotiating Experience: Our lawyers have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies. We know how to get you the maximum compensation possible.
- Correct Accident Calculations: We have the expertise to calculate the full cost of your accident, including your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other life-altering changes and damages that are often neglected by less experienced firms.
- Knowledge of Laws: We have a deep understanding of the Georgia laws that apply to DUI accidents. We use our knowledge to fight for your rights.
- Knowledge of Local Courts: We are familiar with the local Georgia courts. Not only do we know the laws, we also know the people who administer them in our area. This allows us to navigate the legal system most effectively so you can achieve the best possible outcome.
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies: We have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies, and we know how to get them to pay what they owe. Our reputation as a relentless, winning law firm means that insurance companies negotiate more fairly with us.
- Informative/Educational: We are committed to providing our clients with all the information they need to make informed decisions about their case. We keep you updated on the progress of your case, and answer any questions you have. This provides you with peace of mind, making the trauma of living through a DUI accident case less distressing for you and your family.
- Access to Resources: We have access to a wide range of resources. This means that we have the in-house human resources necessary to handle the processing of your claim. It also means that we work with experts in accident reconstruction, medical care, and financial planning. We will use these resources to help you get the maximum compensation possible.
- Confidence: We are confident in our ability to get you the maximum compensation possible. We have a proven track record of success, and we will fight for your rights every step of the way. We can help you manage the incredible stress that comes with a traumatic accident claim. All of this gives YOU the confidence you need as you move forward with your life.
The Millar Law Firm – The Best DUI Accident Injury Choice
There are many reasons why working with The Millar Law Firm makes the process less stressful and more effective in terms of settlement. Here are just a few of the factors that make us ideal partners in your claim.
Thorough Accident Investigations:
We know that every DUI accident is different, and that’s why we take the time to conduct an exhaustive investigation of your case. We have the ability to gather all the evidence, including police reports, 911 call recordings, body cam footage, witness statements, medical records, and financial records. We may also work with accident reconstruction experts to determine and prove the cause of the accident.
We understand that you are going through a difficult time. Our decades of experience in helping our clients deal with the trauma of a DUI accident injuries make us especially committed to providing you with the best possible client service. We will keep you informed and updated on the progress of your case, and we will answer all the questions you have. We will also work with you to help you find resources to meet your financial needs as the case moves forward.
The Millar Law Firm – Focused Strictly on Personal Injury:
We are a small law firm focused entirely on personal injury. This means that we use our vast experience, our time, and our many resources to give your case the attention it deserves. We are not a legal assembly line, or a mill that churns out cookie-cutter claim after claim. Each and every case we handle is personal. Each one is about the individual victims. We don’t focus on doing a big-volume business at the expense of the people whose lives have been uprooted and forever changed. You are more than just a number to our legal team.
We provide DUI accident victims with their first, in-depth case evaluation free. We do this so that you can learn more about your protected rights and your legal options. In the end this will help you decide whether we are the right firm to fight for your rights and get you the maximum compensation possible.
After your initial consultation, your legal team will put the firm’s extensive experience to work; applying the knowledge we’ve gained over the years to dramatically increase your chances of winning full and fair compensation. Since we’re experts in this field, we make use diverse previous cases– the extensive history of all Georgia DUI claims – to enhance and maximize your claim
In the past three decades, we’ve probably battled every imaginable legal challenge. The skill and experience we bring to your claim is invaluable. When it comes to aggressively fighting for our clients, we have a deep reservoir of knowledge and practical experience to use on behalf of our client victims.
Ten Convincing Reasons Why You Should Consider Our McDonough DUI Injury Lawyer
What to Watch Out for When Hiring a DUI Injury Lawyer
- Some cases can take time. If you are with a firm that doesn’t care about you and your family, you can feel lost. If you don’t feel actively involved in your case, you can become even more discouraged. Look for a law firm that is committed to keeping you ‘in the loop.’
- Some law firms lack specific DUI claim experience. Because our focus is and has been strictly on personal injury and DUI claims for decades, we have the edge over most other firms.
- Some law firms take on every single case that comes their way. This volume of cases may pay off in legal fees to that firm, but it can mean that some cases get treated as “disposable” or less important. Each of our cases has staff members who are dedicated and focused specifically on your claim. This gives you the attention your claim requires.
What Our DUI Injury Lawyers Can Do for You
- We focus on building a convincing case through extensive evidence gathering and bold negotiation
- We take pride in accurately identifying the correct and total cost of the accident so that you can reclaim what is rightfully yours
- We offer helpful personal attention and support to you and your family in what is a very traumatic situation
- We are experts at communicating the strengths of your case to insurance companies. When they know they are up against The Millar Law Firm, they already know they can’t get away with low-balling your claim.
Partnering with The Millar Law Firm
When you call The Millar Law Firm for your free first consultation, you’ll begin the process of arming yourself for the battle ahead. You’ll speak to an intake specialist who will take a brief history of your claim. It’s possible that you may speak with an attorney immediately, however a methodical approach toward getting all the information in place for that first consultation is usually best.
The intake specialist will then schedule a consultation for you with members of our legal team. At that meeting you will explore not only the facts around your claim, but also the options you have for proceeding. You’ll discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your claim, as well as learn about timelines and possible compensation. Our goal for that meeting is to provide you with a roadmap of the journey to your settlement so that you’ll know what’s ahead when you leave that first consultation.
Victims of Drunk Drivers Should Aim for Maximum Compensation
Your claim is important to us, so we naturally seek all possible compensable damages. Not only do you deserve to be paid for all of your financial and quality of life losses, but you may also be in a position to ask the court for punitive damages.
Punitive damages are extra reparation awarded to a plaintiff over and above the usual compensatory damages. They are intended to punish the defendant for their wrongful conduct and to deter them from engaging in similar conduct in the future.
In Georgia, punitive damages are available in DUI accident cases if the defendant’s conduct was “willful and wanton.” This means that the defendant must have acted with a conscious disregard for the safety of others. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is considered to be willful and wanton conduct in Georgia.
The amount of punitive damages that can be awarded in a DUI accident case is capped at $250,000. However, there are a few exceptions to this cap. For example, punitive damages are not capped if the defendant was convicted of a felony DUI.
If you have been injured in a DUI accident, you may be able to recover punitive damages from the defendant. However, it is important to speak with an experienced attorney to discuss your case and determine if punitive damages are a possibility.
Partnering with The Millar Law Firm can mean the difference between winning and losing your claim for settlement. By claiming every possible compensable item and working aggressively to collect for you, we can help you recoup all that you lost when you were victimized by an impaired driver. Our mission is to serve our clients and our community with our expansive knowledge and practical experience. Call us today. You’ll be glad you did.