Across Georgia, thousands of people every year go to the hospital or doctor because of a personal injury. Across the country each year, millions seek medical help for personal injuries, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta. Hundreds of thousands of people in our country die each year because of personal injuries from accidents.
The personal injury lawyers of The Millar Law Firm have recovered millions of dollars for Georgia residents injured as a result of other people’s negligence. We never represent insurance companies. We are personal injury attorneys who know what is important to accident victims.
If you are injured, seeking compensation or if you are being unfairly treated by an insurance company, call the Atlanta personal injury attorneys of The Millar Law Firm now at (770) 400-0000 or use our contact page for a free consultation and case evaluation. When you call our law firm, you will be connected to a lawyer, or you will receive a return call right away from an attorney, for a free discussion of your injury case. You can trust our Atlanta lawyers to carefully evaluate your case and discuss your options with you at every step. If our law firm is not able to help you, we may be able to help you find another lawyer or law firm who can.
Accidents, Injuries and Georgia Law
The CDC in Atlanta says accidental personal injuries are the fifth leading cause of death in the nation. There are more than 118,000 “unintentional injury deaths” in a typical year in the U.S. This is a fatality rate of 38.4 deaths per 100,000.
Serious injuries can take many forms, but they have many things in common. Serious injuries are costly in terms of pain and suffering, medical bills, property damage (such as to a car in a traffic accident), lost wages and, in many cases, costs for rehabilitation therapy, assistive devices and long-term care.
When an accident is really the fault of another person or persons, a company or a manufacturer, the at-fault party should bear the burden of the expenses that befall the personal injury victim. Insurance companies often are supposed pay these expenses, but insurers profit by paying as little as possible on claims. Most victims need legal help to obtain the compensation they deserve.
Our experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyers at The Millar Law Firm in Atlanta, can negotiate a proper settlement with insurance companies or file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault parties. In the case of a death from an accident, our lawyers can pursue a wrongful death claim on behalf of one or more surviving family members.
Our Atlanta accident lawyers handle serious personal injury cases including:
- Car Accidents – About 1,200 people die in Georgia car accidents during an average year, and thousands more suffer serious injuries. Even less severe car accident injuries can cause serious financial problems, not to mention physical and emotional pain.
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents – Truck accident cases are very different from car accident cases because of the complexity of the issues involved and the seriousness of the injuries. When violations of federal or state regulations lead to a wreck that causes injury or death, the truck driver and/or trucking company may be held accountable.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Georgia motorcycle accidents often involve injuries that are far more serious than the average fender-bender. In many motorcycle collisions with cars or trucks, the driver of the other vehicle or a dangerous roadway hazard caused the accident.
- Violent Physical and Sexual Assault – An assault, rape, kidnapping, robbery, mugging, shooting or murder can occur at a public place because of a lapse in security, including failure to provide adequate locks or employing careless security officers.
- Accidental Shootings – The Millar Law Firm attorneys stand with those who have been injured or have lost loved ones in accidental shootings.
- Wrongful Death – Wrongful death cases in Georgia are very different from other personal injury cases. Wrongful death cases can be complex, as the claim is intended to recover the loss of future earnings, pain and suffering, and other factors relating to the unjust loss of life.
- Paralysis and Catastrophic Injury – Future health care costs for a victim of paralysis or another catastrophic injury can be staggering. Catastrophic injuries require attorneys to be familiar with complex medical issues and to have access to the best and most-experienced experts.
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents – When a pedestrian or bicyclist’s injury or death is caused by the negligence of a motor vehicle operator, sometimes the pain of unanswered questions is what cuts the deepest. The Millar Law Firm gets answers, as well as deserved compensation, for people who are injured and for the survivors of individuals killed in Georgia accidents involving pedestrians and bikes.
- Slip-and-Fall Injuries – Dangerous or defective conditions, such as unreasonably slippery surfaces, defective stairways and railings, and improper maintenance of interior and exterior floors, sidewalks and lawns, could be a cause for a personal injury claim.
- Dog Bites – Georgia’s dog bite laws are more protective of dog owners and less protective of victims than the laws in some other states. But animal attack victims can obtain the compensation they deserve with the help of an experienced Atlanta dog bite lawyer.
- Workplace Injuries – If you are hurt in a worksite accident, workers’ compensation benefits are likely to pay only a portion of the cost of your recovery. Depending on the facts of your specific injury and its cause, additional types of claims and compensation may be available to help you.
We Focus on Personal Injury Law
You probably see advertisements from attorneys who say they handle “personal injury and dangerous drugs” or “personal injury and domestic cases.” At The Millar Law Firm, our primary focus is on personal injury cases. We believe that to be highly successful and effective, lawyers should focus on just a very few areas of law. That is what we do. We focus on quality of representation.
Get Help From Our Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you have suffered a serious personal injury or the loss of a loved one in a Georgia accident, contact the Atlanta personal injury lawyers with The Millar Law Firm today. Call us now at (770) 400-0000 or fill out our online contact form for a free case evaluation. Our personal injury attorneys represent injured people in Atlanta, Buckhead, Mid-Town Atlanta, Jonesboro, East Point, Lawrenceville, Norcross, Sandy Springs, Forest Park, College Park, Decatur, Roswell, Marietta, Peachtree City, Fayetteville and all across Georgia.