What to Do if Injured
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are a number of things you can do to protect yourself and preserve your right to recovery:
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in Georgia?
- Remain at the accident scene long enough to give your name and address to a police officer or the other driver. Leaving the scene before doing this could subject you to criminal penalties.
- If possible, write-down the names and addresses of the other drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
- Do not admit any fault, if you were in a motorcycle accident. Also, make sure that you do not sign anything, such as forms from an insurance company.
- If you or a witness has a camera, or camera-phone, take pictures of the accident scene and the vehicles.
- Get medical attention immediately. If you delay before seeing a doctor, it may become much more difficult to prove your injuries.
- Keep records of any expenses related to your accident such as motorcycle repair expenses, rental vehicle expenses, and time missed from work.
- Report the accident to your insurance company and the at-fault insurance company as soon as possible. You should, however, consider obtaining legal counsel before giving any detailed statements to an insurance company or adjuster.
Millar & Mixon Law Firm: Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Disclaimer: Atlanta Law Firm Millar & Mixon, LLC provides this information for informational purposes only. The information posted on this page does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. Communication with Millar & Mixon, LLC through this web site may not be considered to be within the attorney-client relationship or privilege.
Motorcyclist Legal Resources from Millar & Mixon Law Firm, LLC
Not ready to chat with a Georgia motorcycle attorney? Use these resources to help: