- Atlanta’s booming population increases traffic, resulting in more accidents. Resulting in more personal injury law firms.
- The best rule of advice when narrowing down a law firm is to ask them questions, see for yourself if they genuinely care about you and your case.
- Lawyers are not a “one size fits all” profession. Look around for a lawyer who specializes in Georgia personal injury law.
- The two best ways to find an injury lawyer are word-of-mouth referrals and online reviews.
- Be sure to ask how much of a lawyer or law firm’s practice is dedicated to personal injury cases.
- Read online reviews carefully. Real reviews are written by regular people, like you. Reviews that read like advertisements may be professionally written.
Why It’s Difficult To Select a Personal Injury Lawyer in Atlanta
In Georgia, and specifically around the Atlanta region, it is easy to find a person or law firm who takes on personal injury cases. With there being so many options it can make the process of selecting a personal injury lawyer quite difficult. Everyone of them has a strong convincing case on why you should choose them. Case results, customer testimonials, a fancy injury hotline phone number, a website with credentials and badges all over it, billboards, T.V. commercials, you name it. Each year they strengthen their sales argument on why them.
Here you are, with bills stacked against you, injured, seeking the best possible outcome, and not sure who to pick. The good news is there is a way to see past all the smoke. Do your homework by asking questions.
The Best Rule of Advice When Seeking a Personal Injury Lawyer
Asking questions will help give you an understanding of who they really are. Be sure to be talking with an attorney during a consultation. Ask about how many attorneys the firm has, ask if they focus strictly on personal injury law, ask if they take all injury cases that come to them. You don’t have to call all of them, but the ones you do choose to call, ask questions. Your natural instinct will help you understand which personal injury law firm is sincere.
Here are some questions that are worth asking a personal injury lawyer:
- Does your law firm you take on any cases outside of personal injury, like workers comp, criminal, real estate, or corporate etc.?
- How many lawyers work at your law firm?
- How long have you been taking on personal injury cases?
- Does your law firm take on a good amount of the personal injury cases that come to you?
- Is your law firm a national law firm?
- Is your law firm constantly running T.V. commercials to get clients?
Why Does Atlanta Have So Many Personal Injury Attorneys?
Over the years Atlanta, Fulton County, and all the surrounding areas have experienced rapid population growth. With a strong jobs market, fun theme parks, a good variety of things to do, reasonably priced real estate, combined with a warm climate, Atlanta is a great place to live. The secret is out.
There’s a challenge that comes with population growth. It stresses out the infrastructure. Local city governments are constantly working to improve the infrastructure to help traffic flow better, and to reduce car accidents.
However, local governments are unable to keep up with the growth. This has steadily increased the car accidents year over year.
With more car accidents, more lawyers have been motivated to take on personal injury cases.
The Best Georgia Injury Lawyers Are Specialists
The concept of “one size fits all” doesn’t really work when it comes to Georgia personal injury lawyers these days. Like doctors, lawyers specialize. This can be an important fact to know if you’re looking for somebody to represent you after an automobile accident or a dog bite and the only lawyer you know is a real estate law practitioner.
Each ‘branch’ of the law, like personal injury law, has its own set of laws and procedural rules. A lawyer who deals with family law, for example, may be brilliant but may not be familiar with finding all of the layers of insurance coverage involved in a multiple car or truck accident. Or, a bankruptcy lawyer may not have a network of accident reconstruction or rehabilitation experts to help build your case after a catastrophic injury. Knowledge of negligence, tort law and medicine, as well as experience are what counts.
The question then becomes, “How do I find a good Georgia Personal Injury lawyer who knows what he or she is doing?”
Here Are A Few More Suggestions on What to Look For in a Personal Injury Lawyer
- First, ask the people you trust; your friends, family, and co-workers. How did their lawyer work out for them? Word of mouth referrals are one of the best ways to find a great injury lawyer. Most of your friends and family are not likely to hold back when giving you an opinion of the lawyers they know or have worked with.
- Read online reviews. Google, AVVO and Martindale-Hubble all provide independent ratings and reviews of Georgia personal injury lawyers. Look for attorneys who are rated at more than 4.5 Stars by Google Reviewers, at 9.0 to 10.0 on AVVO and are AV Rated by Martindale Hubble.
- Check out the Georgia Bar Member Directory to see the number of years the senior lawyer at the firm has been in practice.
Before you hire the law firm ask if they handle cases other than personal injury. If they do, this is not necessarily a reason to hire someone else, so be sure to ask how much of the lawyer or firm’s legal practice is dedicated to personal injury work. A firm that mainly focuses on personal injury cases generally must be successful:
- Because the lawyers must consistently win their cases in order to remain exclusively focused on this branch of the law; and
- Most successful personal injury attorneys work on contingent fees, meaning the firm only receives a legal fee if the case settles or wins in Court.
Simply put, Personal Injury Lawyers who don’t win cases, do not usually remain in this area of law for very long.
Insider Tips When Searching For a Personal Injury Lawyer Online:
- Avoid websites that list lots of lawyers or rate them for you. These “lawyer directories” are often simply paid advertising, which means that the lawyers who appear at or near the top of the list can pay to be there – regardless of their success, experience or status.
- Go to the official website of the Personal Injury lawyer you’re considering. Find out:
- How long has the lawyer been practicing in his location?
- Look at reviews, but don’t fall for them entirely. Very often client reviews are created by paid writers who have never even met the lawyers for whom they create content. If a review looks like it is too polished or professionally written, it probably is!
- Look at certifications and memberships in professional organizations; You may want need to Google these organizations to understand the importance of the lawyer’s affiliation with them.
Once you’ve narrowed the field of lawyers down to a few, call or make appointments to actually speak with them. Usually the initial consultation is free, and it will give you the opportunity to learn what your accident claim might be worth and, more importantly, whether or not you are comfortable enough to entrust your future to this particular firm. Trust is essential.
Why The Millar Law Firm – What Makes Us Stand Out
- We are strictly a personal injury law firm.
- We have focused on personal injury law since our beginning in 1993.
- We do have 27 years of personal injury law experience.
- We are not a large law firm that burns through clients. Our clients are family.
- With each case we take on we don’t settle for less. We focus on maximum compensation.
- We work to communicate with our clients by keeping them updated about their case.
- We know what evidence is critical, and we work diligently to collect the best possible evidence, to strengthen all the cases we work on.
- We get a good amount of clients from referrals from past clients, because they were so impressed with our law firm.
Don’t believe us? Read our reviews.
Call us at: (770) 400-0000.