Skip to content

Who pays for my medical bills if I’ve been injured in an accident?

Published February 12, 2018 by Bruce Millar

Medical insurance or a hospital or physician will provide treatment to you after a car accident but will place a lien on any settlement or verdict you obtain. A Georgia personal injury attorney can (and should) help negotiate and resolve hospital or physician’s liens at no extra charge as part of their legal services.

Usually, a hospital’s or physician’s lien will attach to your recovery when you do not have medical insurance to pay for the thousands of dollars of medical bills you are facing.

An attorney can make sure that the hospital does not receive more than its fair share from your settlement or verdict. In fact, at The Millar Law Firm we can seek to negotiate a reduction in the amount of the lien.

Please see our Medical Bill Management page for information about other services we can provide in this area.

Associations & Awards

Your Atlanta Advocate
State of Georgia Injury Attorneys
(770) 400-0000

Two Locations to meet you

Atlanta Office
Southside Office

Contact Us For Your
Free Case Evaluation

*All information submitted is secure & confidential

All submissions will be sent immediately to our attorneys and legal staff, who will reach out to you, free of charge, and advise you on the next steps to take.

Common Areas we Serve:

  • Alpharetta
  • College Park
  • Marietta
  • East Point
  • Decatur
  • Ellenwood
  • McDonough
  • Riverdale
  • Hampton
  • Stockbridge
  • Peachtree City
  • Roswell
  • Sandy Springs
  • Union City