We are often asked if you are going to meet with a car accident lawyer or personal injury lawyer, what you should I bring to my free initial consultation with an attorney? This will depend on your case.
For example, if you have been hurt in a car accident, you should bring:
- A copy of the police accident report.
- Photos from the accident scene and of your injuries.
- The at-fault driver’s insurance company and policy number, and their full name, address and phone information.
- Names and contact information of witnesses.
- Your medical records, bills and receipts.
- Records showing time missed from work.
- A journal you have kept, describing how your injuries have impacted you.
- Your auto insurance policy.
If you have been involved in a slip (or trip)-and-fall incident or accident, a dog attack or dog bite or any other injury case, an attorney may request that you bring other items to your consultation. For example, an incident report, or animal control report, or clothes you were wearing on the day of the animal attack could be brought to the meeting.
Of course, if you do not have some or all of these items, don’t let it stop you from seeking legal help. An attorney can help you to track these items down.
Contact The Atlanta Personal Injury and Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers of The Millar Law Firm today. We can discuss what you should bring to your free and confidential consultation and explain more about how we can help you.