Skip to content
(770) 400-0000
Call Anytime - 24/7 | "770-4-Million" | Se Habla Español

Can I sue the other driver if I was hurt in an auto accident while working?

Published February 12, 2018 by Bruce Millar

Yes. You may be able to pursue what is commonly called a “third-party liability claim.”

If you were working when the accident occurred, you should be able to obtain workers’ compensation benefits that will cover your medical bills and a percentage of your lost wages. However, if a non-employee caused your crash such as another driver, you may pursue a personal injury claim against that other driver.  This is known as a third-party claim and could pay additional compensation, including general damages such as physical pain and suffering, mental distress, disfigurement and the loss of intimacy and companionship.

You can learn more at our page on Third-Party Liability Claims.

Associations & Awards

Your Atlanta Advocate
(770) 400-0000

Two Locations to meet you

Atlanta Office
Southside Office